The harder you play, the harder you fall. Falling tends to precede fractures and breaks. If you have a hunch something is fractured or broken, an ER waiting room is the last place you want to be. Fortunately QuestCare Urgent Care ready to help ease your concerns. Appointments are unnecessary and ordinary wait times are minimum.
An X-ray is a common imaging test that has been implemented for over one hundred years to help doctors peek inside of the body without having to make an incision (cutting into the skin).
How can you tell if it is broken?
Typical signs of a broken bone are extreme tenderness, swelling and a bump or change in the shape of the bone. If it is painful when moved, touched, or hurts to bear any weight there is a good possibility that it is broken. Our staff works together to make certain you are checked in and attended to promptly. Our physicians can quickly review your case, examine your injury, and stabilize your condition.
What are some other reasons X-rays are ordered?
Broken bones are not the only reason one might need an X-ray. Many medical conditions require digital images so get an accurate diagnosis. We use digital imaging to check for a number of health and orthopedic complications, including:
- Pneumonia – cloudy lungs could be a sign of pneumonia
- Joint dislocations – different from breaks, a dislocated joint may be confused with a break to the untrained eye
- Emphysema – helps to determine potentially why you have shortness of breath
- Kidney stones – x-rays will show abnormalities or stones in the kidneys
- Bowel obstructions – determine what type of and degree of obstruction (partial or complete)
- Swallowed objects – kids can swallow things either voluntarily or involuntarily
Still another reason you may need an X-ray is to determine whether or not a certain treatment is working. Our doctors may have you come in after a period to make sure you are progressing to their satisfaction. If need be, we can arrange to give you copies of your X-ray images to give your primary care physician or orthopedic surgeon. If you do not have one, we’ll be happy to give you a recommendation.
Visit QuestCare Urgent Care
QuestCare Urgent Care assures that certified radiologists handle your X-rays with professionalism and accuracy. Visit us in Highland Park if you think you might need x-rays, call ahead at (214) 368-4822 or check in online.